Thursday, April 9, 2009

Final Proposal - Music Motion

My primary goal for my final project is to create a video that functions as a visual depiction of a piece of music. I would like to use music that is very progressive in nature and that allows me to enjoy the act of creating this project.
For my first option, I will create a twenty to thirty second animation of a piece of music that I enjoy. Running at around 15 frames per second, this animation will consist of several hundred frames, mostly black and white. I want to focus on how audio is supposed to move a listener, and also how video can aid the movement of music. Because it is a video, the final result should be projected or displayed however is most efficient. It does not need a large space to be projected on, it can be all sizes, as long as it is on a flat screen or surface. There are several methods at my disposal to create this animation. It will be hand-drawn on the computer, as to avoid scanning and or digitizing.
My secondary option is geared towards the above goal, but instead the material for the video is actual footage instead of hand drawn animation. I want to use footage of people or things in motion, and edit that footage in a unique way that moves with the motion of a song. I will experiment with video speed, reversal, and layering in order to achieve a desired result. Because this would take much faster than hand drawn animation, the running time for the final result would be somewhere around 90 seconds to two minutes.
Finally, I will combine aspects of the previous two ideas into one unified project. Using editing techniques, I will layer hand drawings on top of video and create interaction between the two. Because it involves a degree of animation, the video will once again be around 30 seconds. The topic is the same as the above two ideas, animating the motion of music.

No comments:

Post a Comment