Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Source Exploration






In exploring the idea of a pathway, I have discovered that there are many unique approaches to this subject. Last week, I was approaching ‘paths’ as we typically think of them, walkways, streets, pedestrian crossings, etc. However, the aforesaid is only a very literal interpretation of a path. It does not have to exist as a surface that people are meant to walk on. Instead, a path can be made up of much smaller objects such as wires, tree roots or cracks in the ground. What all these have in common is that they reflect the nature of a path which branches instead of one which remains straight on a course. In addition to this, I also discovered that a path can be represented through modes of transportation. I began to develop this idea in two of my previous photos from last week. However, there are still many other aspects of transportation throughout the city of Boston. To me train tracks would be very interesting to photograph because there is such a great level of detail in line around said tracks. There are escalators, stairs, bridges and elevators, all of which represent a unique motion. Capturing this sense of motion and direction is my primary goal for this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment