Thursday, February 26, 2009

Artist Book Continued

In approaching my artist book project, I found it necessary to modify the current focus of my inspiration. Originally, I was photographing pathways in a very linear fashion. My subjects had a very clear ‘structure’ and were the prototypical idea of a path. Essentially they had a beginning and middle, but not always a clear ending. But with my artist book, I am choosing to represent a circular kind of pathway. In this method, I think I can also make the book itself circular. Waves, seasons, and the human body may be possible focuses for this project. The body has a multitude of circular pathways, the four seasons are entirely circular, and waves reflect the nature of the universe in general. My hope is that I can narrow my focus on a few strong ideas to incorporate into my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment